2019-08-28 ODP WG Meeting notes

Table of Contents


Wednesday, 2019-08-28, 12am ET


Maurizio PillituFINOS
Brian Ingenito (Deactivated)Morgan Stanley
Tosha EllisonFINOS
Alexandra StratigosFINOS
Gabriele ColumbroFINOS
Tom SchadyGreenKey Technologies
Deepak MehtaFOSSA
Micheal HollanderWhiteSource
Rhys ArkinsWhiteSource
David HabushaWhiteSource

Attendee Webex Screenshot

Outstanding Action Items

DescriptionDue dateAssigneeTask appears on
2019-12-18 ODP WG Meeting notes
2019-12-18 ODP WG Meeting notes
James McLeod (Unlicensed)2019-10-9 ODP WG Meeting notes
  • GitHub consolidation docs on handbook -  INT-748 - Getting issue details... STATUS
2019-08-28 ODP WG Meeting notes
2019-08-28 ODP WG Meeting notes
  • Add docs to GitHub consolidation re. security checks on GitHub
2019-08-14 ODP WG Meeting notes


Time ItemWhoNotes from the Meeting
5 minsConvene & Roll CallBrian Ingenito (Deactivated)
15 minsWhiteSource integration for GitHub.comMaurizio Pillitu
  • Demo: Walk through cla-bot
    • how was it enabled
    • how was it configured (high level of config options)
    • how was it tested (see issue being raised)
  • Improvements from other bots (ie dependabot)
    • Configuration via PR gives project team visibility of whats going on
    • devDependencies excluded by default, leading to less noise
    • WhiteSource dashboard gives a super admin view to FINOS Staff across all repos
  • Show draft docs - WhiteSource for GitHub.com
  • Discuss about responsible disclosure and how to manage notifications (see  INT-745 - Getting issue details... STATUS )
  • Ask WhiteSource about issue  ODP-94 - Getting issue details... STATUS
15 minsFOSSA SpikeMaurizio Pillitu
  • Working demo of a project scan with FOSSA (see ODP-10 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Next steps (see  ODP-10 - Getting issue details... STATUS )
5 minsRetrospective on current sprintGroup
  • GitHub org consolidation
    • All repos under github.com/finos
    • All security alerts are addressed by team
    • Inactive repositories are reported to PMC for archival
    • Project READMEs use FINOS badges and language, especially around CLA

Next steps: mao and Jamie to share docs in FINOS Handbook and socialize (at PMC level first, then wider community)

10 minsPlanning next SprintGroup
10 minsBacklog scrubbingGroup
5AOB & adjourn


Getting better at email reminders for ODP calls: should be sent at least 2 days before the meeting. Anyone volunteers? If using Confluence for minutes is an impediment, let's switch to GitHub Wiki from now on, and only for meeting minutes.

Action Items

Need help? Email help@finos.org we'll get back to you.

Content on this page is licensed under the CC BY 4.0 license.
Code on this page is licensed under the Apache 2.0 license.