- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
If you are new to FINOS, new to Open Source or working for an institution who's looking to accelerate their consumption and contribution to open source, FINOS provides several resources for your perusal as well as venues where you can learn from peers and open source experts.
Additionally, FINOS provides several self-serve and interactive channels for you to learn more about our Community, its initiatives (Programs and Projects), it's governance.
These are some of the key steps you might want to take as your start your journey in FINOS:
- Learn focus of the different FINOS Projects
- Join an Open Source Readiness meeting
- Join the Community Mailing List or if you are an employee of a FINOS Member firm join the Member only Mailing List
- Contact the FINOS team or join FINOS Office Hours with the FINOS team
- Check out our FAQ
- Sign up for our news
- Ask the FINOS team for Help
- Learn how the FINOS Community is governed
Once you've feel comfortable, we encourage you to start consuming our Projects in your own and joining our SIG for the benefit of your software development efforts!
If the FINOS concept of "Programs" is unfamiliar to you, it may be worth reviewing the Foundation's structure first, to better understand the relationships and differences between "Programs", "Projects" and "Working Groups".